Howard University Alumni Club of the Research Triangle
Book Scholarship Selection Criteria
Deadline was June 30, 2017
The Howard University Alumni Club of the Research Triangle offers a Book Scholarship that is available to any senior from an approved high school that permanently resides in Wake, Durham or Orange County and will enroll full-time in a degree-seeking curriculum at Howard University in the Fall of 2017. The following criteria shall be utilized when selecting recipients:
- Financial need (20%);
- GPA – Weighted and Un-weighted (20%);
- SAT Score, Reference (20%);
- Leadership experience (20%);
- Personal statement (10%);
- Completeness of application (10%).
It is the responsibility of the applicant to gain admission to Howard University before the final scholarship selection.